Stark, Snow, Lannister… we’re consumed by all things Game of Thones. However, what if they were Khan, Reddy & Rai? If Game of Thrones was made in India, how would it look like? Who would be cast in it? Would it have songs? Here’s my two cents on the matter.
- Okay so let’s start with the main characters that started it all Mr. Ned (Eddard) Stark. What a character! And good looking too… shame they killed him off so early. Still cannot digest that fact even after 5 seasons I’ve been thinking about this for a long time & the face that comes to my mind again & again is that of Danny Denzongpa. I think he could totally pull it off. He is has a solid personality, is good looking, can act & fits the age profile as well. Mr. Danny Denzongpa you are cast for this role!
- Catelyn Stark – Catelyn Stark has a very strong woman + MILF aura about her. Who can we find in India that can fit this profile? My vote goes for Rekha. I think she is superb for this role! Maybe she is a little older than Michelle Fairley but we’re not making the actual series & this is just a dream team.
- Daenerys Targaryen – I had a lot of options for Daenerys Targaryen. Constantly kept going back & forth between Sushmita Sen, Kareena Kapoort & Illeana D’Cruz. However, in the end I settled for Kareena Kapoor. Strong, sexy & independent – I think she’s Game of Thrones it all to be the perfect Daenerys Targaryen.
- Cercei Lannister – Oh what a delicious character this is… evil but with so many layers to her. For this role also, I was very confused between Mandira Bedi & Kangana Ranaut. I know both are mainstream actresses who might not be your first choice but think about it… Aren’t they perfect? I am going with Mandira Bedi for this role, I think she can serve up Cercei’s delicious evil with style.
- Jamie Lannister – Akshay Kumar or Arjun Rampal? Oh I am torn… but think I’ll go for Arjun Rampal for the role of Jamie. Can test out Arjun as this dashing baddie.
- Khal Drogo – Ok straight up, John Abraham I think… do you agree?
- Jon Snow – It’s just my personal opinion but I feel Jon Snow is a slightly wimpy character, however well they project him. He might be coming to his own now, after 5 seasons but I cannot see him as a powerful, threatening or aggressive personality. And for these exact reasons, I am going to name Sushant Singh Rajput for the role of Jon Snow. No problem if he is there, but no threat to anyone.
- Joffrey Baratheon – Ooooo, a character everybody loved to hate. Difficult to cast too, since we don’t have many choices in his age group. After much research & deliberation, I think we can have Shravan Reddy as Joffrey. You may not know him, he was a contestant in Splitsvilla 2014. However, believe me when I say that he will be perfect for the role. In his real life, his body language & expressions are very much what would expect from Joffrey. Think he is acting in the serial Manmarziyan now. Google his videos, you’ll get where I’m coming from.
- Lord Varys – Ok kinda obvious, Paresh Rawal. Nothing more to say.
- Ygritte – Alia Bhatt. I think she has just the right amount of vulnerability & spunk needed to portray this character. “You know nothing Jon Snow”.
- Petyr Baelish – A good looking but creepy uncle type person. Kabir Bedi is my choice for this role… who would be yours?
- Tyrion Lannister – I say this in all seriousness, I could not think if anyone else for this role. It would have to be Peter Dinklage all the way… not Indian but what to do? My imagination does not permit me to think of anyone else for this role.
Now that our casting is done, let’s move on & put in something that will make Game of Thrones an authentic Indian product – song & dance. How can any Indian movie or serial be complete without a few songs?! Here are my picks
- Red Wedding – The single most memorable episode of the entire series in my opinion. I think “Taare Hain Baraati” from the movie Virasat is perfect for this scene. Nice lilting tune & words “Jeevan saathi hum” will lull you into a pleasant trance which will make the massacre that follows even more unexpected & unacceptable.
- Jon Snow Ygritte Cave Scene – “Pehla Nasha” from Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar. Because it is a first for both of them… get it?
- Also, I think The Mother of Dragons deserves a special track for whenever they show her with the dragons… na? Here’s my pick – an old classic “Tu Kitni Achi Hai” from Raja Aur Rank. She is after all their mother.
Okay so those were my thoughts on how Game of Thrones would look like if it was made in India. Everyone might now agree but that’s my list! Deal with it You can put down your list in the comments section below & I will reply letting you know my views.
Related post which is a Must Read: 10 Awesome Memes That Capture Game of Thrones Season 5 Perfectly